Ok. So the spasms are back, and they are pissed. But, I think I may have noticed a sequence of events leading up to the beginning.
- Random zones of heat: It feels like you have a heating pad on an area for about a minute, and then it moves.
- Small muscle cramps and tiny twitches.
- Knees really feel unsteady.
- Left side of face feels pulled.
- Mental confusion/anxiety
- Unsteadiness in the lower extremities lead to debilitation.
- Chest heavy, hard to breathe
- and.. then … they start. Easy at first, then very painful.
Somewhere in there, I start sweating (drinking myself) and my legs swell.
In the after affects, what I’ve noticed is:
- sleep….. this immediately follows the peak of the spasms. You sleep because the pain has put such a drain on your body and mind.
- You feel like you have been in a fight with a baseball bat and lost.
- You eat to replace your spent energy (anything, even leather from the couch)
- You sleep to repair the damage done to your body (this is good sleep)
I’ve taken narcotics. I was a brave boy on Sunday. I said, “screw that” today. I’m tired, both mentally and physically.
Note: My wife and daughter took over the soup-making and it was absolutely incredible.